Monday, August 29, 2016

Frugal. Frugal. Frugal.

The real Jenny Berdos is not frugal. I've learned that word in college. I went to Thames in college at San Juan, Greenhills. Everyone in my class learned that word. But it was explained in a thousand words or more. I really don't understand how Thames choose their teaching materials but yeah there was a full quarter when we just discussed the book "The Millionaire Next Door". I never read a page or more of it, though. Do you know why? Because I was not a reader. I knew how to read but I never was a fan of reading at that time and like 10 years after that. I went to Thames in 2000 and went back home here in Davao in 2002.

So, back to the book. There was a whole chapter in that book about being frugal. In fact, the title of the chapter was "Frugal. Frugal. Frugal". I didn't know the meaning of the word, then, so I asked my friend Daphne Flores (she's been married for three years now, so her name's Daphne Lanzona). Back in 2000, Daphne explained that it was being cheap or being mindful of your purchases. I can also remember my teacher Professor Ed Silva discussing the book with us and making us read one paragraph or a page at a time. Or was it the book called "48 Laws of Power". This always happens. Whenever I'm writing, there's another thought that would cross my mind and the whole blog is ruined. I don't make sense. But yeah, practice. I'm not going to edit those lines because I've already typed it. I also don't have time to proofread any of my blogs. Okay. Stop. Where was I again? Oh yeah, the book. Back to the post. The post's title is Frugal. That's what I want to accomplish here in my blog. To save money and change my spending and saving ways. Well, just my spending ways because I have not saved a dime in my life. Whenever I receive my salary, I always find ways to spend it. Like on our household bills, or groceries, makeup, clothes, shoes and crazy stuff.

I have to change. I have to start a saving way. Whatever way it is, just start. Okay, Mrs. Jenny Berdos? You're married now. Things have changed. You have to think about the future. You and your husband's future. Your future family. Your future child or children.

Here's my problem. I don't know how to save. My dad Jayme Ong gives me a weekly allowance of $45 or Php 2000 and it just won't see the light of day. Just like today. I received the sum and spent it all and the remaining sum of my salary last Tuesday. So, I always get around $325 every week and it's gone before the week ends. I have to help myself! I shouldn't rely on my dad to give me money! I'm already 32 years old. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to blog about my purchases so I'll know how much I'm spending on what. And I should also blog about my savings. I will disclose everything because I'm transparent that way.

People will eventually read this and maybe my friends or enemies are already reading this but I don't care if they know intricate details of my life. I'm here for one thing. That is to save money.

Today is August 29, 2016 and it's already 11:33 PM on my watch. My cash on hand? Php 850. And on bank? Php 200. Way to go me!





I have money (weekly salary) coming tomorrow at 5 PM and it's $287. My salary tomorrow is exactly Php 12,978.14. It didn't even go to the whole Php 13,000 like I have anticipated. So, yeah. I'd have Php 14,028.14. Yehey! I'm planning on saving the Php 4,028.14 and pay my car loans, bills and jewelry monthly amortizations with the remaining sum (Php 10,000). That's the plan! I'll get back to you and myself tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment